The Bangladesh School of Internet governance (bdSIG) since 2017 is an annual three-day course, initiated by the Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF). BIGF is announcing that we are going to arrange the 8th bdSIG on 25, 26 & 27 April 2024 in physical (Face to Face) format at Dhaka.
Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum (BIGF) is a multi-stakeholder organization aimed to illuminate issues and create ideas on internet usage in Bangladesh in association with the UN Internet Governance Forum (UN IGF).
BIGF’s mission is to support Bangladesh political leadership for the development of Bangladesh and multilateral public digital governance policies responsive to the political, economic, cultural, environmental and social challenges of worldwide digital governance transformation and to help multi-stakeholders ensure that Bangladesh public policies are fit for the digital age.
We focus on digital policy issues at the top of Bangladesh’s agenda in line with the Smart Bangladesh and on emerging future trends at both Bangladesh and global levels. Through a continuous program of live debates and amplifying the voices bringing together stakeholders and featuring open and inclusive dialogue. BIGF helps create a space for greater understanding of and engagement in Bangladesh’s digital governance future.
Bangladesh School of Internet Governance (bdSIG) goal is to develop a pipeline of leading Bangladeshi from diverse sectors, backgrounds and ages with the skills to participate in local, regional and international internet and digital governance structures, and shape the future of the internet landscape for Bangladesh’s development.
In Bangladesh, digital policy and related processes are continuously changing as digital technologies emerge and become more integrated into people’s lives in line with the digital ecosystem. Much of the knowledge and skills on how to maximize benefits from using digital technologies, but also how to utilize them in a safe and secure manner, is with users in terms of the digital society, digital rights and governance, digital economy and digital infrastructure and digital adoption’s policy and practice.
In order to ensure overall safety and security online, it is important to ensure that education on how to use digital technologies circulates among people. bdSIG has shown to be a good way to systematically do this.
The three-day course covers the political, legal, economic, socio cultural and technical dimensions of internet governance. The curriculum includes academic lectures, case presentations and breakout sessions for interactive discussion, as well as a multistakeholder practicum on the following topics.
- Governance, Internet Governance and Digital Governance
- History of Internet Governance and UN World Summit on the Information Society (UN WSIS)
- Internet Governance Eco-system/ multi stake holder model-How it works
- Emerging technologies Artificial intelligence and other emerging technology
- Digital-related Law and International Fellowship
- Cyber Security and Human Rights
- Smart Bangladesh
- Future challenges, perspectives, and digital diplomacy
- Global Digital Compact and Summit of the Future 2024
Bangladesh School of Internet governance (bdSIG) offers a unique multidisciplinary high-level program for youth and youth women including professionals from the private sector, government, academia, CSOs, media and technical communities.
To organize 8th bdSIG 2024 we will have three committees of 5 members each. The committees are: Event Committee, Program Committee and Fellowship Committee.
National SIG Coordinator : Mr. Mohammad Abdul Haque Anu
Event Committee :
Chair : Mr. Nazmul Hasan Majumder (Technical)
Vice Chair : Mr. Shazzad Hossain (Politics)
Secretary : Mr. Anisur Rahman (Technical)
Member : Mr. Mohammad Nejam Uddin Chowdhury (Private Sector)
Member : Ms. Joynab Khatun (Youth)
Fellowship Committee :
Chair : Mr. Iqbal Ahmed (Private Sector)
Vice Chair : Engr. Abdullah Al Mamun (Technical)
Secretary : Mr. Shankar Mondol (Academia)
Member : Engr. Jashim Uddin (Private Sector)
Member : Ms. Nusrat Chowdhury Chowa (Youth)
Program Committee :
Chair : Mr. Ashrafur Rahman Piaus (Civil Society)
Vice Chair : Mr. Abu Sayed Malik Md Monsur-UL-Hakim (Technical)
Secretary : Mr. Hiren Pandit (Media)
Member : Adv. Esmatulla Lucky (Lawyer)
Member : Mr. Md Moniruzzaman Munna (Youth)
Who Can Apply For The Fellowship:
The 8th Bangladesh School of Internet Governance (bdSIG) 2024 fellowships are being offered to the residents of Bangladesh only. Please note that the selection for the fellowship is competitive. All applicants must be between the ages of 18-50 and the candidates should be from all stakeholder groups including:
- Information regulators including privacy commissions
- Data protection/governance professionals
- Government ministries and departments
- National and regional communications regulatory authorities
- Service providers and other businesses that form part of the internet industry
- Civil society organizations including digital rights groups
- Women’s rights and gender justice groups
- The judiciary and other members of the legal community
- Technical organizations and cyber security professionals
- Academic and research institutions
- Media organizations and individual bloggers and journalists
Successful candidates will be selected from these communities who are able to demonstrate their strong motivation for attending the bdSIG, able to justify interest in issues on the bdSIG agenda and are capable of continuing to work locally on IG issues after the bdSIG program.
If you consider yourself fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria, please complete the online form and submit it by 30 March 2024. Selected fellows will be notified by the Secretariat. For any other information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Engagement Requirements of bdSIG Fellows
- Attend the Pre-School Program preparation webinars for Fellows.
- Have a strong engagement and social media presence to promote bdSIG 2024 program (Ex. Share program news & information and give individual posts & videos about the program from selected fellow’s social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin, etc.).
- Mandatory to attend all sessions during 3 days (8:30 AM to 5:30 PM) of the bdSIG program for in-depth capacity building.
- Would be required to share bdSIG session-learning & tag the official social media page of bdSIG and use the hashtag #bdSIG2024 from fellow’s social media platform with photos or videos during the session break time.
- Participate in networking sessions about the sessions they have attended.
- Share your key takeaways or the issues highlighted from bdSIG in any Popular format, e.g. blog post, video log, recording, etc.
- Share it online with your community members and send a link to the Secretariat within 2 weeks after the bdSIG program.
- Complete a fellowship feedback survey within the specified deadline.
- Participate in the post-bdSIG program group call to review the program experience.
- Consent to be added to the Fellows alumni network mailing list and social Media groups.
- Engage in local community development initiatives.
This year we are going to provide 100 persons with the fellowship offer. You have to pay BDT 300 (bKash) after primary selection. During Send money please write your name and mobile number as a reference.
Apply Now to Achieve a bdSIG2024Fellowship
Fellowship applicants will be selected by the Fellowship Selection Committee based on mentioned criteria such as background, experience and contributions and keeping in mind parameters such as geographical location, gender balance and diversity.
Sharing of Teaching Material
bdSIG proposes to share teaching material (background papers, video recordings of sessions, etc.) with other SIGs in the region based on a consensus at the APSIG (Asia Pacific School on Internet Governance) level.
Selected applicants for the fellowship program will get the opportunity to attend the program of Bangladesh School of Internet Governance (bdSIG) and the successful applicant will be provided with lunches and snacks during the 8th bdSIG 2024 event period.
Fellowship Application Opening : 16 February 2024
Fellowship Application Deadline : 30 March 2024
Fellowship Results Announcement : 07 April 2024
Fellowship Acceptance : 10 April 2024
NB: If you have any further queries about the school program, we are encouraging you to send us an email at email@example.com